Hello World!!!

Welcome to my space on the web - just a platform to share my thoughts and ideas.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On Turning A Bhagat-bhakt

I have just completed reading the 3rd book of Chetan Bhagat - "The 3 Mistakes of My Life" (When I had first come to know of this title for his 3rd book, I was wondering whether the title referred to his 3 books!) but going by the record-breaking popularity of each of his books, the joke doesn't hold water! And it shouldn't either.

I must say, 3 Mistakes made for compelling reading, especially towards the end. More than the story itself, I have been extremely impressed with the way he has described the narrative and unravelled the plot, by using each real-life as well as prominent incident of recent times that no Indian can forget. This helped in not only making his story come to life, but also made each incident depicted in the story very identifiable for the reader.

By the way, his handling of each character and placing them (and their stories) seamlessly in the main plot itself has always been something to watch out for in all his books. I have, in fact, grown so fond of his books now, that I cannot wait for his next book to hit the stores.

It all began with his second book, "One Night at the Call Centre", which I read before this. I found it quite captivating and couldn't wait to lay my hands on his next - The 3 Mistakes. Interestingly, I will only now read his first (and perhaps the most popular and trend-setting) book, Five Point Someone!

Having liked his second and third books, I am sure my admiration for Mr. Bhagat's writing would not be imperiled when I read FPS, which has been his flagship release, so to say!

Happy reading to me then...more on this after I complete the book.

But one thing's for sure - I'm a dedicated Bhagat-bhakt now, and look forward to many more gems from him in future too!

Watch this space for more.